Most recipes for roasted chickpeas use lots of oil, this one doesn’t! They come out crispy and absolutely delicious. Great on salads or as a snack.
- 500g chickpeas
- Seasoning, such as:
- Smoked paprika & cumin
- Chili powder
- Madras curry or other curry
- Mexican grill spice
- Soak chickpeas overnight or for several hours in enough water for them to be covered and double in size
- Preheat oven to 200˚C*
- Lay out chickpeas in pan, sprinkle on the seasoning and place in oven
- Check after 20 minutes and shake them a bit
- Check for crispiness after 40 minutes and remove when ready
*For extra crispy chickpeas, heat on 150-175˚C for one hour, then turn down the heat to 100˚C (or just turn off the oven) and leave in for a bit longer.
Recipe by Trent Grassian
(next: Tofu Tacos Recipe)