Recipe by Cassy Martensen
Fully raw vegan ice cream? YES! Easy to make and incredibly delicious! And a great way to use those overripe bananas!
- Very ripe bananas
- Ground vanilla bean
- Cutting board
- Airtight, freezer-safe container
- Food processor or electric handheld blender
- It’s always good to have some frozen bananas in the freezer as it enables you to make ice cream in no time! Just peel and slice the bananas and put them in an airtight container or a freezer bag.
- If you happen to have no frozen bananas handy, and are going to make the ice cream make sure to freeze the banana pieces for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight.
- When ready, take as many bananas as you want for the ice cream and let them thaw for about 20 minutes.
- Place the frozen banana pieces, some raspberries (fresh or frozen) and a little bit of ground vanilla bean in a food processor and blend until creamy (or if using a handheld blender place the ingredients in a jar and blend them on a low speed first so that they don’t end up flying all over).
- Add some fresh raspberries on top!