Recipe by Cassy Martensen
Making your own organic raw quality dehydrated hot pepper is best! It’s so much more flavourful and it even has a sweet taste to it. Very easy to make and you can also apply this method to sweet capsicum and make your own paprika powder.
- 3-5 hot peppers
- Cutting board
- Baking paper
- Dehydrator (alternatively an oven)
- Coffee grinder
- Chop the hot peppers, you can leave the seeds – they just make it a little more spicy.
- Put baking paper on a baking tray and spread the chopped hot peppers.
- Dehydrate for about 15-20 hours or until dry at 46°C or 115°F (or at the lowest temperature if you are using an oven; check them frequently so that they don’t burn!).
- When ready grind in a coffee grinder.