Kohlrabi is a great vegetable; it has a mild, slightly nutty, sweet taste – not only is it delicious, it is rich in dietary fiber, carotenoids, vitamin A, B, C and K, calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, manganese and copper. The leaves contain minerals and vitamins as well so make sure to keep them – they can be juiced or sautéed!
Here is a very simple way to incorporate this amazing vegetable into your diet:
- 1 or 2 white or purple kohlrabi
- About 3 tbsp of raw organic coconut oil, alternatively flax seed oil or olive
- About 1-2 tsp of curry spice (which you can also make yourself by mixing turmer- ic powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne and other spices you like)
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
Feel free to adjust the amounts of all ingredients to your taste and liking.
- Peel the kohlrabi, cut into sticks and place into a bowl. If you are using coconut oil, heat it to room temperature so it becomes liquid.
- Mix in the curry and add salt to taste.
- Pour the oil/curry mixture over the kohlrabi sticks and massage it into the kohlrabi sticks.
- Serve with lettuce, salad, other raw or steamed veggies.
(Recipe by Cassy Martensen)