This is a very easy, simple and healthy way to make banoffee pie. As with most ‘no-bake’ recipes, you’ll need a good blender or food processor but feel free to add a little water or soya milk to any of the mixtures to make mixing easier.
- 300g Dates
- 4 Large Bananas
- 100g Cashews
- 100g Oats
- 300g Coconut Milk
- 2tbsp Agave Syrup *
* You can omit the agave if you wish, as the dates sweeten this dish up quite a lot.
- Start by blending the dates and 2 bananas together to make the middle “toffee” layer. Put aside for later.
- Blend the cashews, oats and maple syrup together with 2tbsp of the toffee mixture. Once fully mixed, spread this onto the base of your serving dish.
- Whisk the coconut milk with 1tbsp of the toffee mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Spread the rest of the toffee mixture on top of the base layer.
- Chop 2 bananas and spread a layer of bananas on top of the toffee.
- Pour the whisked coconut evenly on top. You can decorate with any bananas left over.
(Recipe by Evelyn Suttle)