This report presents information from a range of sources primarily the IPCC, FAO, and UNDP and a selection of peer reviewed research papers. It explains why eliminating animal agriculture together with the reforestation on the freed up grazing lands are key initiatives for reversing climate change. The report is divided into four parts.
2 reports from the Vegan Society UK which look at growing food crops as an alternative to animal farming.
This report presents information from a range of sources primarily the World Wildlife Fund for Nature, Mighty Earth and Rainforest Foundation Norway, FERN and Chatham House. It describes the scale of soy production and how it is driven by animal agriculture. It also highlights the biodiversity and human impacts. The report is divided into three parts.
Living Planet Report 2018 – by WWF:
This report shows a 60% decline in the size of populations of mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, and amphibians in just over 40 years. The top threats to species identified in the report link directly to human activities, including habitat loss and degradation and the excessive use of wildlife such as overfishing and overhunting.
- Livestock’s Long Shadow (Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN – 2006)
- Priority Products and Materials: assessing the environmental impacts of consumption and production (UN Environment Programme – 2010)
- Livestock and Climate Change (Robert Goodland and Jeff Anhang for ‘World Watch’)
- Livestock – Climate Change’s Forgotten Sector
- Reversing Meat-Eating Culture to Combat Climate Change – by the World Preservation Foundation
- Beef and the Paris Agreement: Changing what we eat to stop causing climate change
- Moving to a Vegan Agriculture System for Australia
- Growing the Good – by the Changing Markets Foundation – 2018
- Grazed and Confused – by the Food Climate Research Network (FCRN)
- Greenpeace calls for decrease in meat and dairy production and consumption
- Options for keeping the Food System within Environmental Limits
- IPCC Special Report on Global Warming (Oct. 2018)
- Living Planet Report 2018 – by WWF
- Healthy Diets from Sustainable Food Systems – Lancet Report – 2019
- Envirocidal: How Livestock Farming is Killing the Planet – Viva (2019)